Friday, July 24, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie

Dr. Alice Christie is a retired educator, first from 25 years in K-12 classrooms, and then as a college professor. You can find her website by clicking here. She has a lot of useful information on her site, but I have chosen to do this particular post on site called Website Evaluation Resources. You can find it by clicking here.

I will find the information Dr. Christie has presented her of great use once I become an educator. I know that I will have computers in my class, but I will be responsible for what my students view on these computers. Although I know that most schools have a type of filtering program that prevents certain types of websites to be viewed in classrooms, I also want to be able to do a thorough screening of the websites I will allow my students to view. Not only do I want to make sure, of course, that my students do not look at anything inappropriate, I also want to make sure they are getting the best and most accurate information possible. I will use Dr. Christie's tools found at the website above to help me find screen and pick the best educational websites for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment