Thursday, July 23, 2009

International K-12 Classrooms using Blogs


Ms. Kathy Cassidy's 1st Grade class in Moose Jaw, Canada. You can go to their class blog by clicking here.

Ms. Cassidy's website is very similar to the previous ones that I've looked at. She has a main blog where she posts class information and what the students are currently learning. Each student then has his or her own blog where they can make posts. It looks like some of them even post over the summer break. Most of the posts are assignments. I found one particular post from the main class blog page very interesting. When the students where learning about rocks, they did an interview via Skype, which is a video conferencing over the web program, with a real geologist. The students where able to ask directions directly to the scientist. I love the concept!



Ms. Jody Hayes Year Five and Six (9 through 11 years old) classroom blog in New Zealand. Unfortunately, she does not give the city where the class is located. You can click here to find the classroom blog.

Again, it seems that this one is also very similar to the ones I've mentioned earlier. It seems that this website, classblogmeister.com, must give a shell that teachers can use. It is something that I will look into in the future for a blog that I may have with my class when I become a teacher. There is posts by the teacher in the middle, which seem to me to be directed towards her student's parents. I think that's a wonderful idea to have a place where parents can regularly check in on what their child is doing in class from day to day. Every student also has an individual blog where they can post assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment