Friday, July 24, 2009

I-Tunes University

Wow, I never knew this existed! Apple via I-tunes has a portal called I-Tunes U, or I-Tunes University. You can find some information regarding I-Tunes U by going to this website. CLICK HERE. Universities or schools can set up a site through Itunes U as a place to put up information for current students and also information for the general public. They can do an internal site, that only registered, current students can login and an external site for the public.

I absolutely think that this could be very beneficial for a teacher/educator. I can have a place to put up informational podcasts, videos, etc. I could see this as a wonderful place for a school to stay connected with each other and a great way of advertising also. This could be used a secure place to put up podcasts or multimedia information that I may require my students to use for assignments, and not worry that others will have access, which is what happens when you do a blog. Blogs get posted on the internet for anyone to see. The security issue makes it very appealing to me for when I become an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment